For any company with TM1... a sizable investment is required to purchase licenses. If the company you work for is expanding its TM1 footprint (or wanting to), moving from one license metric to another or concerned about over-subscription of entitlements (i.e compliance). Pulse can deliver the information you need in a timely manner. You can make informed decisions by actually having hard evidence of how your system is used.
Pulse tells you exactly who is using the application, when are they using it, how often are they using it and the type of user they are.
Each time a user logs into the system the type of user (admin, write or read-only) is logged to the internal database. The following statistics are available out of the box:
- Concurrent usage: when are your peaks and troughs, what are the maximum number of users that have logged into the system.
- Named users: who has logged into the system.
- Type of user: admin, write or read-only.
- Last login: when was the last time someone logged into the system.
- Non-users: who hasn’t logged into the system.
You can use this information to determine whether you require more licenses or allow the reallocation of licenses for users who do not use the system.